Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New Xbox 360 Slim



So this baby came in the mail today and..

Well to be honest theres not much of a difference, the only thing i have noticed so far is that it DOES NOT come with HD/AV cables, only AV, which means ugly looking graphics on my hdtv, so i have to dish extra money for hdmi or hd cables.

On the plus side it has a built in 250gb hdd, the sounds it makes when it turns on and off are pretty cool, it takes up less space, and thats about it. The only other difference there is really is that its Kinect Ready, i have no idea what that means but im sure all i have to do now is buy the sensor, whereas with the old xbox i probably would have had to buy some type of add-on thing to stick in it for the sensor to work with it. Which would suck because the old one only had 3 usb ports overall.

The nice thing about the new one is that it has 4 usb ports in the back and 2 in the front, but it seems kind of pointless because you don't need to use half the USB ports anymore, i excpected better microsoft, its 2010 and it comes without any HDMI let alone HD cables at the least?

Oh well.

23 comments:

  1. It's cool but i would have no reason to replace my 360 with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I have an older arcade model, I personally see no reason to really upgrade. Now if I was looking to get a 360 because I didn't have one already, it would be tempting.

    It's bull that there aren't any HD cables included, but it's just another way for the manufactures to get more money from the consumer :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. eh. You can never have to many USB ports.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you wouldnt catch me dead with that shit

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would buy one if u already have a xbox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm. Pretty sexy machine. Kinda wish I could afford one.

    Oh well.. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm soooo pissed...just bought a 360 and got the red ring....just got a ps3 again...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking about buying a ps3 just for the bluray player

    ReplyDelete
  9. my roommate got the elite one a few weeks ago. It's so much quieter than the old versions. You're right that the usb ports are probably a waste but for the few that are that hard core about gaming it might be fun for them. Great blog though, supporting and following!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahaha, just don't move it around when a disk is inside... unless, y'know... you hate the disk...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its still pretty sexy. Plus no RRoD!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have one and I wasn't impressed too much

    ReplyDelete
  13. At least your xbox has an HDMI input. I have to use a VGA cable, because I am not about to spend an assload on the microsoft brand HDMI cable that only works on the older 360s.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Solid post, I was looking into getting one of these myself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like it because it has HDMI AND wireless. Very useful at times.

    ReplyDelete
  16. To be fair, HDMI cables cost about $40 for three feet. Not that they have any different materials from a $3 A/V cord, but only people with $$$ have use for HDMI cords.

    ReplyDelete